L2 to Non Cap H1B

Hi,

I am on L1B(Expires 2014) currently in USA. My wife had initial H1B during 2011 lottery and stamped in 2012 and she never traveled. Again her company filed petition for the same H1B and approved during 2014 and she never went for stamping. can i bring my wife on L2 and recapture her old H1B once she reach USA? can the old H1B transferable to another company even though she never traveled to USA?. will there be any impact on her old H1B when she go for stamping for her L2(possibility of canceling her old H1B approved status while she seeks L2 status at US consulate in India)?

Any Help on the above topic will be really appreciated.

Many Thanks.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:37 AM, Madhu M said:

can the old H1B transferable to another company even though she never traveled to USA?

No

On 7/4/2021 at 11:37 AM, Madhu M said:

will there be any impact on her old H1B when she go for stamping for her L2(possibility of canceling her old H1B approved status while she seeks L2 status at US consulate in India)?

It could get cancelled or employer should have revoked it since it was never used or activated. She got approved twice in past but never worked or needed to work on h1b....why worry now when L2 EAD's are available?

Edited by Leavemessageh1b
correction