How to File Green Card from Other country

Recommended Posts


I have I-140 approved dated 2013 

if the date becomes current can I apply from being in other than USA 

if yes please share the process 

also if EAD dates becomes than final action can I still apply 


lastly I am on EB2 can I downgrade to EB3 being outside USA and file for EAD is it possible 


please advise use 

thank you 

much appreciated if you can help 

Link to comment
On 6/5/2021 at 9:52 AM, JoeF said:

If you are abroad you would need to file an I-824 to go for Consular Processing. That doesn't allow for an EAD. Also, it requires a recent notarized job offer letter from the employer who filed the I-140.

I didn't find anywhere in the documentation list or anywhere written that I have submit an offer letter from the employer. Could you send me the link? thanks in advance. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.