Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Using I 140 receipt number to extend H1b beyond 6 years

Recommended Posts

My I 140 is approved , but current employer is not willing to share the approval notice. Also for my FOIA request , USCIS responded by saying that they can’t find the record since it is already been send to National visa center. I have the I140 receipt number and NVC case number.

So can my new employer use just the receipt number for H1b transfer ,to extend it beyond 6 years?

Also can we raise FOIA with National Visa center to get I 140 petition?


Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post

I-140 is an employer document and employer may use discretion of not sharing.  

Try extension with receipt number (and screen shot from Govt. Case status which says that it has been approved), and give your extension beyond 6 years a shot.  Good Luck.

Lets see what other experts advise.


Edited by Zodiac System

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now