All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vamshi90

H1B general questions

Hi all!

I am currently of F1 STEM OPT. My application was picked in the lottery this year. I have the following questions :

Question 1

I am on STEM OPT. I work for Company A and I filed for my H1B From Company A and Company B.

My H1B application is picked for company B and not A. Company B says that they have to generate payroll in order to file my petition and hence have to join them or continue working for company A but on payroll of company B (Which my company will not accept). I want to confirm if company B has to generate payroll as they claim or is it fine if I submit my paystubs  from company A which I am currently getting during my STEM OPT.

Question 2

Assuming company B agrees to file my petition with my documents from company A and my application is approved before Oct 1, Can I initiate a H1B transfer before Oct 1 without joining Company B?  If yes, then does company B needs to know that I am initiating a H1B transfer and can they stop the transfer?

Question 3

If my H1b application from company B is approved before Oct 1, Am I allowed to transfer my H1B to some other company (or company A) without any payroll information since technically I am not an employee of company B.