Work Opportunity Tax credit claim by employer for H1b employee

appy101

Hello, 

Last year I got laid off and it took me 6 months to find another job meanwhile I was transferred to my wife's dependent visa F2 and later once I got a job employer filled for H1b and with hurdle ofF2 being open got couple of RFEs and finally it got approved and I stated working for a employer for last 4 weeks.

However today, they asked me to signed a form for Work opportunity credit claim that they want to file on my behalf so they can claim the credit of hiring someone unemployed for long time. I don't feel comfortable to sign on it as it says " I declare that I was in a period of unemployment that is at least 27 consecutive weeks and for all or part of that period I received unemployment compensation"   Can someone help to understand on H1b we don't qualify for unemployment and I have not received it either then why would I sign on it? what is risk of signing on this form if the employer force me to sign?

Form name is " Long term unemployment receipt self - attestation form" work opportunity credit (WOTC) program" 

Form number is ETA 9175 from Department of labor. 

Thank you for your help. 

ETA-Form-9175.pdf