Regd 485J

srivenkat2009

Hi Experts,

My PD is Sep 10 ,2009 . I filed my I-485 in March,2012 with company X and got my EAD. After one year I moved to company Y. That time I filed AC21.

In 2006 I got a RFE 204J Job Portability. That time I submitted new employer letter related to company Y.

This week got a RFE for Medicals and employee letter.
Now My attorney suggesting to file i-485 J . RFE was requested only Employer Letter. Do we need I-485J file too ? Please suggest.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/25/2021 at 3:23 PM, srivenkat2009 said:

Hi Experts,

My PD is Sep 10 ,2009 . I filed my I-485 in March,2012 with company X and got my EAD. After one year I moved to company Y. That time I filed AC21.

In 2006 I got a RFE 204J Job Portability. That time I submitted new employer letter related to company Y.

This week got a RFE for Medicals and employee letter.
Now My attorney suggesting to file i-485 J . RFE was requested only Employer Letter. Do we need I-485J file too ? Please suggest.

Since Jan2017, any EB category GC applicants, who invoked AC21, are required to file a I-485 Supplement J (aka 485J) with USCIS. Your attorney is giving you good advise.