Renewing EAD (I-765) + Advance Parole (I-131)

Ankita Verma

Hi Friends,

My EAD + Advance Parole combo card is set to expire mid-Jun 2021. I applied for my adjustment of status in Jan 2020 (CA-San Francisco). At that time I was on my F1-OPT. I received my EAD+AP combo card in Jun 2020. I also got picked in the H1-B lottery in 2020. I decided to continue on my H1B because I didn't want to give it up, given the uncertainty around the adjustment process and the timelines. Now that I am applying for renewal, I have the following questions:

1) Do I provide evidence of my current status (H1B) in my renewal forms though they don't specifically ask for it. I am asking because when I applied in Jan 2020, I was on F1, so there has been a change to that since my H1B got accepted.

2) Do the renewals require all documents (I-94. photographs etc.) or are they able to pull from the past applications?

3) Do I apply for both I-765 and I-131 in the same envelope given it's the same address and I am looking for a combo card again. Also, in this case, do I provide 2 photographs or 4 photographs?

Thanks in advance!