Confused - H4EAD Question for my spouse

ImmiHelpH4EAD

My spouse and I were working in the US on an H1B visa back in 2019.

When my spouse H1B was about to Max out, I applied for H4 COS(change of status) using my H1B in parallel with H4 EAD for her.During 2019 December my spouse H4 was denied by uscis due to valid reasons and in Jan 2020 she left to home country to get her H4 stamped using my H1B validity. 

After she left to her Home country, I saw in uscis tracking portal her H4 EAD application was approved and I received her H4 EAD card a week after she left which was really weird and confusing.

My spouse scheduled her H4 stamping interview in home country and all these Covid lockdown started and finally she got her H4 stamping done in Dec 2020 and she travelling back to US

Question : Given the above situation when i apply for her H4EAD(i765) now, should i apply it as New H4EAD application(I765) or should i apply it as renewal of H4EAD application(I765) (even though uscis rejected H4 & approved her H4EAD mistakenly back in 2019).

Please note the H4EAD we received back in 2020 Jan got expired more than 10 months back. Kindly advice whther to apply as NEW H4EAD application or renewal to existing H4EAD card which was approved mistakenly by USCIS