H1B Extension Denial, i94 Expired. But I have a valid i797 and visa stamping

Hello, I have a question about my specific scenario and need to know your thoughts:  

Here is my Story, I have a valid I797 and valid US visa till 08/31/2021. But since my Passport expiry was on 10/10/2020, I got the i94 till 10/10/2020 only during my last entry to US. Since there were a lot of COVID travel restrictions, I couldn't go outside the US to extend my i94. So, I filed an H1B extension in August 2020 to extend my i94 (After getting a new passport).
And that H1B extension got denied. I am out of status now.

So my question is,
Can I still go outside and reenter back to the USA to be in status and to extend my i94 till 08/31/2021?
Will the H1B Extension Denial process affect me in any case?

What is the status of my H1B visa now? Is it still valid?

Thanks!

Good idea to get an attorney's opinion (or second expert opinion) on this situation as your original approval is until 08/31/2021 (even if the online I-94 shows a date of 10/10/2020).

Try going to a nearby CBP office with your original Approval Notice and new passport and see if they will give you a new I-94 stamp until 08/31/2021 on your current valid passport.

What is the reason for extension denial? Can your employer/attorney apply for MTR? (should be done within one month of denial).

Edited by Zodiac System
On 2/10/2021 at 11:10 PM, Sethu Ramachandra said:

Will the H1B Extension Denial process affect me in any case?

Yes

What is the status of my H1B visa now? Is it still valid?

Not valid, without extension/transfer petition in progress you don't have any status and no reason to enter US. (just imagine a conversation between you and CBP at POI !)

I am out of status now.

You already answered your question here.