H-1B Stamping while Proclamation is in Effect

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

I had my H1 approved in 2019 but never got stamped but I traveled to India Feb last week 2020 and attended a stamping interview on March 9 and received 221 G  and the visa application status is 'refused ' from that day. As per the above conversation, since I was not in the US on June 22 when the proclamation was done, I come under this proclamation ban, but I also qualify for exceptions ( like the same employer, part of the plaintiff's organization who filed a lawsuit against those proclamations, US  defense projects, salary hike, etc.   ) that were announced after that under the national interest exception. 

Now I need suggestions for traveling back to the US

1. Shall I wait till 221 G is answered (Can't say, maybe on March 31st or I am not sure when )

2. My wife has an H1 stamped and can travel ASAP shall I join her on my H4 visa? 

3. What happens if I go on H4 , should I withdraw my pending  H1 (221 G) ?

4. Should I need to apply for COS again when I reach USA


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.