Recommended Posts


I have I-797B [ H1 approved but no i-94, as extension of stay was denied], and I was told my attorney to go outside and come back with visa stamping. The I-797B form says, HYDERABAD consulate has been notified.

It also says, " If any of the named worked will apply for a visa at a consulate other than the one listed above [hyderabad], the petitioner should file form I-824, Application for action on an approved application or petition, to request us to notify the new consulate.

Now, there are really no dates in Hyderabad , but some slots in chennai. So I went ahead and booked a slot on in chennai. 

Now question is:

a) Can I go to chennai consulate for stamping instead of hyderabad?

b) Do i need to fill a form I-824?

Please help me.

Thanking you in advance.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

@naruto 45: As long as you submit DS-160 to the right location where you are planning to attend for your visa interview, I believe you should be good. May be submitting I-824 is good but I never submitted it as I've been many times to a different location than what it says on my I-797. I would say, follow your attorney to have you hassle free visa interview. Good Luck!!

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.