Dec 30 2020 Naturalization Interview complete - pending decision N400

I went to naturalization interview last week. Office asked me to submit 'proof of copies of taxes that I owed' in previous years. I told office that I don't have any balance with Fed or State - but the officer keep saying that I need to see the proof. Passed civic exam but I was given form - pending additional documentation. Officer asked me to upload documentation to file online. 

After interview I uploaded proof of payments online to my application. 

Has any one been in this situation before? Appreciate your replies or feedback on how you handled it? 

My wifes interview is on Jan 11 2021, so wondering if need to postpone or keep it (assuming she wont get same officer). Nervous on what the outcome will be experts please advice 

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all, 

Following up: 

Naturalization interview complete: Dec 30, 2020. Passed civic exam. Officer asked me to upload tax payment receipts for both state and Fed. Uploaded all payment receipts within a week of the interview (early January). Sent a messages few times via USCIS portal requesting status of the application/ if they need any additional documentation. Last message sent in May, reply received after a week 'if you are application is approved, we will send you a letter notifying date with naturalization ceremony details'. Its been 6 months since interview, no further response yet or I haven't received any official N-14 form also (showing lack of documentation)? 

Appreciate if you guys please guide me what do I need do? Does seeking attorney help in this situation or should I approach Senator office requesting follow up on status of my application ? Please guide 

P.S: My wife attended interview on Jan 18 and received citizenship in Feb. 

Many thanks