Emergency Travel during i485 pending

I just traveled to india on emergency. My company has filed a downgrade from EB2 to EB3 with 485, EAD and AP and  waiting for a receipt.

I just traveled to India on a valid H1B status due to emergency and dropped my passport through dropbox. Now waiting for new visa stamp approval

I am going to return to the US second week of January with a new valid stamp and h1b status.  What happens to my i485 application which is pending and reciept not received yet. 

Please reply. 

If the "received date" of the I-485 (which will be known when you receive the receipt) is before the date you left the US, it should be fine. The I-485 will still be pending and won't be abandoned. On the other hand, if the received date of the I-485 is after you left the US, the I-485 will be denied as you must be in the US when the I-485 is filed. You would have to file I-485 again in that case.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, Snowflakes-TX said:

I just traveled to india on emergency. My company has filed a downgrade from EB2 to EB3 with 485, EAD and AP and  waiting for a receipt.

I just traveled to India on a valid H1B status due to emergency and dropped my passport through dropbox. Now waiting for new visa stamp approval

I am going to return to the US second week of January with a new valid stamp and h1b status.  What happens to my i485 application which is pending and reciept not received yet. 

Please reply. 

Do you have any issues with the visa stamp or the 485 application. I am in the same situation planning to travel but in my case i am waiting for my wifes 485 receipts