Need to Travel to INDIA , My H1B Extension Approved, But Wife's H4 Extension is pending for last 5 months

nikanand

Hi

My Company Filled my H1B Extension and my Wife's H4 Extension around the same time.

My H1B was approved. within a month.

But my Wife's H4 Extension is in a pending state for the last 5 months Now.

Now, What is my options if we Want to travel to India.

I can get my H1B Visa stamping done (maybe via Dropbox). 

But For Her H4 (as it's in a pending state), what happens if she goes to India?

Do I need to apply again from India for a new H4 in India or the application that is in a pending state, still valid?

If I can apply again in India for H4, and That's approved and visa stamping is done. -> What happens to the Old Application? 

If your wife leaves for India, her pending H4 extension application will be deemed abondoned.

She can then apply for a fresh H4 visa stamp in India based on your approved H1B. She will then enter US and will be given H4 status upto the same date as your H1B. ***The old H4 extension application will not have any bearing in this situation.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, nikanand said:

Hi

My Company Filled my H1B Extension and my Wife's H4 Extension around the same time.

My H1B was approved. within a month.

But my Wife's H4 Extension is in a pending state for the last 5 months Now.

Now, What is my options if we Want to travel to India.

I can get my H1B Visa stamping done (maybe via Dropbox). 

But For Her H4 (as it's in a pending state), what happens if she goes to India?

Do I need to apply again from India for a new H4 in India or the application that is in a pending state, still valid?

If I can apply again in India for H4, and That's approved and visa stamping is done. -> What happens to the Old Application? 

Your wife should be able to go for stamping with your H1b approval and paystubs and get a H4 visa stamp on her passport.