Continue GC process with old employer without needing to go back to him

Recommended Posts


    I was working for company A and they had started my GC process and applied for my PERM, due to some issues employer A asked me to go back to india, So instead I have moved to Company B a month ago and started working for him, Now I came to know that my Perm application filed by Company A was approved. I requested company A to continue my GC process which he accepted and may file I-140 for me.

So my question is when my I-140 gets approved filed by company A, Is it required that I need to go back and transfer my visa back to him and can only work for him? or 

Can I still continue working for company B and wait for 6 months and move that I-140 to company B from company A? and can comp A able keep it even though I am not working for him 

I have only 1.5 yrs left on my h1b 6 years max out time, should I also need to start over GC process again with Company B ? what the pros and cons


thank you in advavce





Link to comment
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.