Work from home - H1B amendment- perm labor processing

puneetgureja

Hi

before COVID , I was working in one state and travel to home every weekend which is in different state. Since March , I am working from another state and travel every 2 months to employer state as check point. 
now my employer is ready to file amendment to add my home address as work location. Now immigration team is saying it is not possible as my perm labor is in process. 

please suggest is it possible to file H1B amendment when perm labor is in processing to update my home address. 

Of course it is possible to file an H1 amendment.

I guess what the immigration team is talking about is that PERM specifies your work location as the company location. That could be a problem if COVID is still a thing when the GC is approved. The whole GC process is about a job in the future, when the GC is approved, which is probably quite some years away. So, I suggest you ask them to explain why exactly they think it is not possible to update your address.