Moving to different company after filing I485


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

My company has agreed to file I485 for me in October and I have a priority date of 2014 NOV. However, I am going to get an offer at end of October from another company. 

a) can I apply I 485 in October from my current employer and move to a different company when they give me offer ( hoping its going to be Nov/dec time frame after they file for H1b etc) 

b) As everyone I have waited so long for green card and I really want to take advantage of the Priority date and apply for I485. What would be a better strategy for me to be in processing for Greencard and also move to a different company? The new offer I am going to get is my 'dream' job and I might not get it again. 

c) Would it better if i file for EAD along with I485 ? 

Any suggestions? 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.