H4 approval pending even after 240 days of I94

Hi,

I have filed for H1B extension last year and got it approved in April 2020. I have filed for H4 extension for my wife and child along with my application. However, both of their H4 extension is still pending with USCIS. The extension was filed on December 23, 2019 and I-94 expiry was December 31, 2019. Since we are already gone past mid of August, I am concerned if there are going to be any issues for my dependents if their H4 visa is taking more time for approval and it crosses 240 days beyond i94 expiry. Please advise on this scenario. 

Thanks,

Balaji

Hi,

I applied for my H1 and H4 extension in mid of October 2019. And i received my H1 approval in mid of July 2020 (after moving it to Premium) . As the H4 extension was pending from October 2019 (it is due, passed the current processing time line), so i contacted USCIS inquiry through phone last week and they created a ticket for my request.  And my H4 dependent case has been approved today. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by HashIt
NA