221(g) Refused Spouse immigrant visa Petition

Here is my story:

Every checklist done and NVC arranged Interview in Islamabad

Immigrant Visa, spouse Interview was on March 2019. At interview submitted my born dead child's birth certificate(Hospital AKU) as stronger evidence. I was given a paper saying "the case is in administrative process from now and your case is refused at this point. The paper I was given which indicates 221(g) pending. Doesn't say exactly what documents are further required.

2106964651_1A.Front.thumb.jpeg.cc276724e43e8ef42946cc3ec593adab.jpeg

July 2019 Petitioner (My US citizen husband) contacted Islamabad Embassy through their inquiry website with the question "please let me know if further documents are required" in response to inquiry we have received an email from Embassy stated 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to our office.  Your immigrant visa case has been refused under INA Section 221(g) for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

I have saved the document which states my inquiry "Please let me know if further documents required".

In December 2019 we have new born baby and my husband came to Pakistan in Feb 2020, we went to US consulate for our baby's CRB and US Passport, all documents submitted for the process.

we were told your pending case in Islamabad will be automatically updated, my husband went back to US end of Feb 2020, after completion of all procedure regarding baby's passport and CRB.

On the following month I went to Consulate again to pick the passport and CRB pick up and it was all done smoothly.  

now after 15 months of the interview we received another email from embassy about case refusal.

Dear Petitioner,

Our records mention that the consular officer ask the applicant to submit documents establishing strong marital relationship with the petitioner but our office never received any response since the day of interview.

Please be prepared to experience significant delays in further processing of your case.  As of March 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad suspended routine visa services.  We will resume routine services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. 

We appreciate your patience during this time. 

Sincerely,

The Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Pakistan

Please leave your expertise so I may be able to know what actions can be taken now,  in this matter.

Regards

SanaK

• 5 months later...

Hi here is my story 

my immigrant visa (IRI) interview was on 9 of December 2020 and the consular collected my papers and my wedding pictures  and my police report, she didn’t tell me if I was refused or approved , she  gave me a paper stating immigrant right  and also gave me a paper (NOT 221g) it was started that I should submit any means of identification and when I submitted they later sent me an email to submit my medical and updated affidavit of support which I submitted on 14 and now my case is showing refused and my last updated case date is 17 , pls I am scared cos I really can’t cope with this distance between me and my husband, help pls what should I do?