Changing from H1B to employment based EAD in the same company as H1 extension exceeding 240+ days

Recommended Posts


Can anyone pls advice me on my situation.

I have employment based EAD but still maintaining my H1B. Right now my H1 extension is still in process and I will be exceeding 240 days of grace period after H1 expiry. I am with the same employer who filed my GC processing. If I ask my employer to strat using my EAD after 240 day limit, than my question is do I need to submit any forms to USCIS informing about my EAD usage like people who submit AC-21 portability when the change their employer while using EAD.

I will be with same employer, so not sure if anything has to be taken care in this scenario.

Appreciate all your answers.


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.