DS-160 how-to ? Temporarily on Indian payroll.

I got stuck in India due to the pandemic and my H1B was going to expire so my employer filed for extension under consular notification. It got approved. However in the meantime, not to violate H1B location-related-rules, I am being temporarily switched to company's India location and will be given Indian salary i.e. temporarily I'll be an employee at the India location. 

I am filling DS-160 form for interview at US embassy. Some questions regarding DS-160 sections:

• Present Employer Address: Should this be employer's address in US where I usually work OR the address of their India office since I am temporarily an employee here ?
  • Monthly income in local currency (if employed): Should this be my usual USD monthly salary OR monthly salary in INR as per the temporary India offer (which'd be way less than even the H1B Level1 wage in USD) ?
  • Start Date: Should this be the date I joined the company in USA OR the date I switched to Indian office few days ago ?
Edited by rivaldo
Edited title
On 6/2/2020 at 11:05 AM, rivaldo said:

I got stuck in India due to the pandemic and my H1B was going to expire so my employer filed for extension under consular notification. It got approved. However in the meantime, not to violate H1B location-related-rules, I am being temporarily switched to company's India location and will be given Indian salary i.e. temporarily I'll be an employee at the India location. 

I am filling DS-160 form for interview at US embassy. Some questions regarding DS-160 sections:

• Present Employer Address: Should this be employer's address in US where I usually work OR the address of their India office since I am temporarily an employee here ?
  • Monthly income in local currency (if employed): Should this be my usual USD monthly salary OR monthly salary in INR as per the temporary India offer (which'd be way less than even the H1B Level1 wage in USD) ?
  • Start Date: Should this be the date I joined the company in USA OR the date I switched to Indian office few days ago ?

I am in the exact same situation currently. However, I had filled up my DS-160 and also gone through the ustraveldocs appointment steps before I started considering an India transfer (as I was waiting for consulates to open). 797 got approved in March. I am still awaiting a response from our internal immigration vendor if transferring to our India offices and getting on an Indian payroll (temporarily) impact my H1 stamping. Would you happen to know if it does? 

Also, in case I initiate India firm transfer in the next two weeks then would I need to re-do my DS-160? Also, what H1B location related rules are you referring to if I may ask? 

To answer your qtns- 1) Has the be the legal entity/parent company for which H1 will be granted/extended (please check with your firm immigration team) 2) USD montly 3) Start date - Date you joined the US firm (plz confirm with firm immi).