W2 Need Help.

JPPatel

Hi All,

I have been working in States for last almost 5 years and planning to go to India for H1B stamping.

I have couple questions. I came on H1B in early 2007 and haven't been to India since then. For last 1 year working as full-time. My 2007 and 2008 W2s are showing less than LCA amount. Would it create any problem?

Year 2009, 2010 and 2011 are fine and have W2 amount > LCA.

Please let me know, will it create any problem. Do you thing they might ask for 2007 and 2008 W2...if so Can I tell the truth that my ex-employer paid me less despite I was on project.

Please help.

If the VO verifies your previous W2 and compares with LC,then

he definately ask you reason for the gaps in employement

1.Suppose,You will say , Iam sick then VO asks proof of medical documentation -------then prove it

2.If you provide supporting documents to prove your unpaid vacation then u have chances of getting visa.

3.Otherwise you will recieve 221g white slip which clearly mentions to provide supporting documentation to prove your vacation.

4 At this point of time, it will be better not to attend visa interview if you are in states.

5.Y Iam saying this, I am already facing this problem.

Hi All,

My case is so peculiar, There is a difference of $163 between my W2 and LCA. My W2 is less than LCA wage by $163. One is 62k and other is slightly less than that.

Is this going to be any problem at the time of stamping. I really need your advise on this.

I've no gaps in my whole h1b, never been on bench.

Please advise

Hi nbendi,

Here my question is do they ask for all years W2 OR only last 3 years. In my case I have discrepancy in 2007 and 2008 W2.

If asked, do you think telling the truth would help. Truth is my employer did not pay me. I have experience letter from my ex-employer stating that I was full time from so and so date. I think I should tell this to VO. Experts please advice.

Archived