H1B Dropbox showing Refused

Hi,

I submitted my documents to the mumbai consulate via dropbox on March 6th 2020. The status on the ceac website until the morning of March 11th was Application Received. When I checked again in a couple of hours, the ceac website shows the status as Refused. What does this mean? Is this the same as Administrative Processing? I received no email asking for additional information or documents. What should I be doing?

Thanks.

Hi - I am in the same boat, I checked the passport status on the website and it shows passport is being processed for delivery. While reading articles on the internet and various forums, looks like US state department has changed the status of "Admin processing" to "Refused" to reflect correct visa status. It started on March 3rd with a directive. I believe its most likely 221g but need to wait for the package. US travel docs support is asking to wait until I receive the package and then plan the next steps. Btw, I had a DUI in 2017 and I guess its most likely the same reason. Although I had my first successful stamping after DUI in 2018 with panel physician. This time I made a mistake of going with Dropbox since I was eligible. 

Let me know what update you got. Please share here.

Edited by choubey.alok
Typo
On 3/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, choubey.alok said:

Hi - I am in the same boat, I checked the passport status on the website and it shows passport is being processed for delivery. While reading articles on the internet and various forums, looks like US state department has changed the status of "Admin processing" to "Refused" to reflect correct visa status. It started on March 3rd with a directive. I believe its most likely 221g but need to wait for the package. US travel docs support is asking to wait until I receive the package and then plan the next steps. Btw, I had a DUI in 2017 and I guess its most likely the same reason. Although I had my first successful stamping after DUI in 2018 with panel physician. This time I made a mistake of going with Dropbox since I was eligible. 

Let me know what update you got. Please share here.

Hey! I received my passport from the consulate last friday and I have been asked to appear for an interview. I was going to go for the same tomorrow, but I heard news saying that all visa appointments at the consulate are cancelled. Is it true? I did not receive any email or sms notification about the same.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:37 AM, crypticTalisman said:

Hey! I received my passport from the consulate last friday and I have been asked to appear for an interview. I was going to go for the same tomorrow, but I heard news saying that all visa appointments at the consulate are cancelled. Is it true? I did not receive any email or sms notification about the same.

Its available on ustraveldocs.com/in. Also on US embassy website. There won't be any email/sms notification since its a blanket cancellation. No one can go for interview unless there is a new update.

23 hours ago, Rajiv2020 said:

Did you guys come to know what does refuse mean ? I am in similar situation, waiting for the letter. 

Refusal means 221g in majority of the cases, especially work visas. Prior to March 3rd, 221g used to reflect the status as "Admin processing". It has started to show as "Refused" now. This was done by Department of State to reflect the status of the application as worded in 221g letter issued. The info about this update is available on State Department website.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

As you are aware the U.S. consular posts in India cancelled all routine appointments on March 16, 2020 and the visa application system on March 20, 2020. One must wait for the consular post to resume operations. There may be restrictions for in-person appointments on account of the COVID-19 pandemic.  It is important to follow the news updates on the official website of the  U.S. consular posts in India prior to appearing for a personal interview.