All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
android.dmk

H1 renewal on Premium, Concurrent H4 & EAD Renewal in progress

H4 EAD is about to expire in June, currently employed. H1B renewal for spouse is being applied on premium, yet to receive receipt. If I do not get H4 & EAD renewal by June, what are my options? Should I go to India and get H4 stamping done and wait for EAD approval? Legally, can I work for my current company as an unpaid intern until my EAD kicks in?

I have a valid H1B with 2 years remaining for renewal. How long would it take to invoke my previous H1B?

Please help.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:13 AM, android.dmk said:

H4 EAD is about to expire in June, currently employed. H1B renewal for spouse is being applied on premium, yet to receive receipt. If I do not get H4 & EAD renewal by June, what are my options? Should I go to India and get H4 stamping done and wait for EAD approval? Legally, can I work for my current company as an unpaid intern until my EAD kicks in?

I have a valid H1B with 2 years remaining for renewal. How long would it take to invoke my previous H1B?

Please help.

1. Best option is to apply for H-4 and H-4 EAD along with your spouse extension.

2. At the end of May you can apply for change of status to H-1 in premium and continue working.

In the meantime your H-4 and H-4 EAD will be in process and they would get approved in 5 to 7 months. Then you can get back to H-4 EAD status.

This way you can continue working without a break.

You can't work while EAD is pending, even thought its unpaid. You can stay with pending H4 petition, no need to travel to get stamping. 

H4 to H1 COS can be done within 2-3 weeks with Premium processing.