H1B Extension Denied - Car and its loan

johndsouza

Hi ,

Recently my H1B extension was denied and need to go back to my country .  I had bought a car recently and have made only few payments on it . when i went to the dealer for selling it ,  the quote presented to me states that i need to pay a hefty amount after considering the value of the car. That amount equates to 10 months of EMI payment. have completed 4 years on H1B with 2 years left . Planning to file HNSC after returning to home country . Which of the below option Would be ideal in this scenario.

1) Sell the car to the dealer by paying the hefty difference amount and get rid of the car and loan (Please note that i have no time to sell it to a private party)

2) Make a power of attorney of the car to my friend and park it in his place and make payments from my country and return and get back the car assuming the HNSC will get approved.

Please suggest

10 hours ago, johndsouza said:

Hi ,

Recently my H1B extension was denied and need to go back to my country .  I had bought a car recently and have made only few payments on it . when i went to the dealer for selling it ,  the quote presented to me states that i need to pay a hefty amount after considering the value of the car. That amount equates to 10 months of EMI payment. have completed 4 years on H1B with 2 years left . Planning to file HNSC after returning to home country . Which of the below option Would be ideal in this scenario.

1) Sell the car to the dealer by paying the hefty difference amount and get rid of the car and loan (Please note that i have no time to sell it to a private party)

2) Make a power of attorney of the car to my friend and park it in his place and make payments from my country and return and get back the car assuming the HNSC will get approved.

Please suggest

How is this an immigration problem?

4 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

How this is related to H1B related issue?

I can understan your scenario and might have posted same in many forums. This is not correct place...

23 hours ago, johndsouza said:

Hi ,

Please suggest

Apologies for posting here . This post can be taken down . I am unable to do that