H1B 221g

sravyaarolla

Hello,

I attended Visa interview on 26th December 2019, was given a 221g white slip and the Visa Officer returned my passport. The VO asked for a letter from my employer to prove that I was not paid/working while my OPT extension was denied in March 2019. My employer sent an email to the US Consulate Hyderabad on 3rd January 2020 with all supporting documents. The online status tracker for my application still shows administrative processing. Currently I am pursuing Masters with CPT and would like to know my options and my F1 visa is valid until December 2020.

1. Can i travel back to United States with the F1 Visa and travel I20

2. What is the typical wait times for 221g white slip and is there a way to get an update from US Consulate other than tracking the status from their website.

3. If the 221g takes very long, can i apply for H4 visa while the 221g is still pending. If yes, would my H1B 221 g gets cancelled? 

4. Is there a way to withdraw my 221g?

• 2 weeks later...

Generally, a person can withdraw a pending visa application. If such a person then applies for another visa (post-withdrawal), if the Consulate has any concerns about whether to issue the new visa based on the new application, the Consular Officer will generally express a concern to the applicant or issue another 221g on the new visa application.