Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Returning Resident - Process?

Recommended Posts

Need help and guidance with my situation....

I got Family based green card in 2003 through my uncle who sponsored my parents and me. I stayed in US for about a year and had to come back to India to complete my studies and other financial reasons. 

In 2007, i applied for tourist visa and travelled multiple times to US to visit my uncles family.

i have now completed my studies and would like to return to US on resident visa. How do i reinstate my green card if it was abandoned?

I had just applied I-90 form and they scheduled my biometric fingerprinting appointment but after reading through some forums i am confused on the process. 

can someone help and guide on what i should do? Also, how long does the process usually takes? 

Thanks in Advance! 

Share this post

Link to post

You abandoned the GC and got a visitor visa. That means the GC is gone for good.


Share this post

Link to post

Based on your post, you are not eligible for a returning resident visa.

Did you not tell them that you had a GC when applying for the tourist visa in 2007? 

You should consult a lawyer to make sure that there are no surprises.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this