Returning Resident - Process?

Recommended Posts

Need help and guidance with my situation....

I got Family based green card in 2003 through my uncle who sponsored my parents and me. I stayed in US for about a year and had to come back to India to complete my studies and other financial reasons. 

In 2007, i applied for tourist visa and travelled multiple times to US to visit my uncles family.

i have now completed my studies and would like to return to US on resident visa. How do i reinstate my green card if it was abandoned?

I had just applied I-90 form and they scheduled my biometric fingerprinting appointment but after reading through some forums i am confused on the process. 

can someone help and guide on what i should do? Also, how long does the process usually takes? 

Thanks in Advance! 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.