All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H1B is in Administrative Processing due to Misdemeanor charges

Hello Everyone, 

I'm currently stuck in India as my H1 is in administrative processing for the past two months. Need advice possible outcome and I can expedite the process in any way? 

I was charged with Misdemeanor Class B for selling alcohol to under 21 for which I have pleaded guilty of charges and paid the fine. I have consulted many attorneys and everyone suggested this would not impact my H1 stamping as this doesn’t come under moral turpitude, so I mentioned the same on DS-160 form and attended the visa interview at Mumbai, India consulate. I was told by the visa officer that my visa was approved after asking a few questions about my work background and she asked nothing about the charges. However, when I received the passport from the consulate I didn’t see any H1 stamping rather I have received a 221g slip requesting court documents about the case I have mentioned in DS160. I have submitted the court disposition letter along with the initial ticket I have received at Hyderabad consulate. Its been over 60 days and I did not receive any response from the consulate. I have tried reaching out to consulate through email and phone, the only response I have received is asking to wait for 180 days.