B2 rejection for parents

user_1

Hi all,

I need advice for my parent's B2 visa rejection case. My parents were planning to visit U.S to attend my graduation ceremony. During the interview, the officer asked my dad that is your son currently studying on education loan to which my father said yes.

Visa officer then asked him how much loan amount you have used till date, to which he did not have a clear idea about the exact expense and gave an approx figure of 25lac INR, to which they said that is the cost of the 1year and not 2 years. By that time VO already had made his mind and entered the comments in the system and returned the passport.

I want to know what would be the appropriate time to reapply and what additional documents they should show in the next interview.

Edited by user_1
10 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

there is not a single document on this planet that will make a difference to the outcome of their next interview...

who has been paying for subsequent years of study?

for how long did they state they planned to visit?

with what type of visa did you begin your education?

Hi @Noah Lott: PFB responses.

who has been paying for subsequent years of study?: I have been using an education loan amount along with my savings which I earned back in India and also the savings which I got while working in an internship.

for how long did they state they planned to visit?: they have mentioned 3 weeks in their DS160.

with what type of visa did you begin your education?: I came on F1 visa and still on F1.

The reason office asked your parent about your loan is that many times parent help student to get student loan, which is not case with you. If officer has a doubt that since you are already in US and if parent have no good reason to return, whole family may look to be running away from loan altogether and settle in US.

The only thing you can improve is to get your numbers straight. Know all the details and explain in concise manner in few seconds. Keep in mind that they may not ask same questions again.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:59 AM, Noah Lott said:

for how long did they state they planned to visit?: they have mentioned 3 weeks in their DS160. - while this may have been written, what did they tell the CO when asked? If they changed this time to 6 months or, worse, 'for as long as the border people let us', that would do it quickly.

Hi @Noah Lott: thanks for your response. They have mentioned 3 weeks in DS-160 and were prepared to answer 3 weeks only but CO did not ask about the duration of stay. Just because my father did not provide accurate details about the loan figure, it caught the attention of CO and they rejected it. That was a mistake from our end. I appreciate your input in my case. 

On 12/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, care_candidate said:

The reason office asked your parent about your loan is that many times parent help student to get student loan, which is not case with you. If officer has a doubt that since you are already in US and if parent have no good reason to return, whole family may look to be running away from loan altogether and settle in US.

The only thing you can improve is to get your numbers straight. Know all the details and explain in concise manner in few seconds. Keep in mind that they may not ask same questions again.

Hi @care_candidate: Thanks for your response. I took the loan before coming to US and I stated the same during my visa interview. Just because my father did not provide accurate details about the loan figure, it caught the attention of CO and they rejected it. That was a mistake from our end. I appreciate your input in my case.