Inform H4 Visa approved for H4 EAD

UIIS_222

Hello,

I had applied for H4 extension and H4 EAD extension around July. I had to travel back to India before I received the approvals.
Since I did not get the H4 extension, I decided to get the stamp using H1B approval notice. Now I will be getting the H4 visa stamp next week. 
Does USCIS automatically start processing my H4 EAD once they know that my H4 visa has been extended? Is there a way to inform them that I have received my new visa?

Thanks

On 11/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, UIIS_222 said:

Hello,

I had applied for H4 extension and H4 EAD extension around July. I had to travel back to India before I received the approvals.
Since I did not get the H4 extension, I decided to get the stamp using H1B approval notice. Now I will be getting the H4 visa stamp next week. 
Does USCIS automatically start processing my H4 EAD once they know that my H4 visa has been extended? Is there a way to inform them that I have received my new visa?

Thanks

USCIS will only know that you already have an active I-94 when they start processing your application. I don't think you need to inform them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies.

On 11/23/2019 at 1:59 AM, shekar11# said:

USCIS will only know that you already have an active I-94 when they start processing your application. I don't think you need to inform them.

So my H4 extension was approved, waiting for my passport with the new visa.
I have heard that I94 is updated only when I enter the country, does it mean I would have to travel back in order to activate the new I94 and then the EAD will be processed?

7 hours ago, UIIS_222 said:

Thank you for the replies.

So my H4 extension was approved, waiting for my passport with the new visa.
I have heard that I94 is updated only when I enter the country, does it mean I would have to travel back in order to activate the new I94 and then the EAD will be processed?

Yes, when USCIS gets to your H-4 EAD file and if you are out of country at that point they will deny your application because you don't need a EAD when you are outside US.