H1B transfer without paystubs

Nik H1B

Recommended Posts


I'm an H1B visa holder. For now I have 8 delayed biweekly payments from employer. I'm still working in the office. Have a lot of evidences as emails, photos. As I can see the situation is not going to normalize and I need to go to another place to work. Please help with the next questions:

1) I need to submit the WH-4 complain to use the confirmation letter instead of paystubs during the visa transfer, is it correct? How dangerous it is for the transfer process? I mean how big the chance that it can bring some problems?

2) As the current year closing to the end and if my current employer will not pay for the last months how should I handle the problem with the future Green Card processing? As I know I will need to submit the Tax details and it will show problem places.


Link to comment

File a WH4. That's the only way you can transfer your H1 without pay stubs.
The employer is not allowed to retaliate. It would cause lots more problems for him.
There are no downsides to filing a WH4.
For taxes you get a W2 from the employer. If he doesn't provide that by the end of February inform IRS (they have a link on their website.) IRS will then contact the employer. Not providing W2s would also cause a ton of problems for the employer.




Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.