Green Card for both parents

Recommended Posts

I am US citizen and I would like to sponsor Greencard for my parents. My parents visited me for an year on tourist visa and 1 extension, went back to home country on August of this year. My parents are currently in my home country and will be coming back to US in Dec on tourist visa. Can I apply for their Greencard once they are here in US? If I file I130 when there are in US, is it mandatory to file I485 (apply I130 not I485)? Can they stay here in US till their I130 is approved? Is it separate application for my Mom and Dad?

regarding documents:

My parents do not have a date of birth certificate

They recently registered their marriage on 1976, as it was not registered when they got married. 

Is the recently registered marriage certificate good for applying I130 ? or do they need to get affidavit from people attended their marriage.


Edited by SamCam
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.