Valid H1B. Relocate to home country for few years and come back


Recommended Posts

I have a valid H1B VISA Stamp on my passport till Sept 10, 2022 with my current employer A.

I'm planning to quit my current role and move back to India for a while (around 1.5 ~2 years) [During which I will not be employed with my current employer-so, he will withdraw with H1B petition once I  leave the company].


If I want to come back to US after 2 years- Assume that I applied for job roles from India and was able to secure an offer from employer B

1)  Should I go through the lottery process for H1B?

2) Or can I transfer my H1B Visa to the employer B without going through the lottery? [ I assume that my H1B will not be valid to transfer as my previous employer has withdrawn the H1B application]

3) Or if I want to come to US- should I apply for F1 and then find a sponsor for my H1B? [Assuming step 2 is not valid any more]


Thank You! 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.