Re-applying for OPT

Hi,

I have graduated with a MS degree in EE from Louisiana Tech University in May,2018. After my graduation, I have applied for OPT. After a month or so, I received a receipt from USCIS saying that they received the application (The receipt indicated that it was not an OPT card and so). So, as the process was going on, I have transferred my SEVIS ID to other university to start my Ph.D. As a result of that, I received a mail from USCIS saying that my OPT is terminated when the student transfers to another school or begins study at another education level.

As, I am pursing my Ph.D., I now have thoughts about graduating with other masters degree in EE from Texas Tech University. If I do that, will I be able to get OPT this time for sure, or is it not possible as it is denied once at masters level already?

My OPT got denied even before it was accepted my first time, and I did not use my OPT at all during my Masters degree. So, I would like to know if I am eligible to apply for OPT if I graduate with my second masters in EE in coming year. I have searched on internet and some sites mentioned I am eligible and some not. I went through USCIS official website but I did not find any solution to my case.

So, I would like to know if I would be eligible to apply for OPT next year if I graduate with an other MS degree in EE without any problem.

If yes, can I do it directly or do I have to put in any appeal or so, because its been an year since my OPT was denied first time.

Please let me know if anyone has idea. Thanks.

Edited by MANOJ EMANI