221g-Email to submit passport (What does it mean)

Rajb19

Hi

here my case details (H1-B visa stamping, New Delhi):

Last stamping  was on F-1 Visa in 2003 and then switched to H1B in 2010, This is my first stamping on H1-B (140 approved in 2013)

27 Aug, 2019 (Interview): Yellow slip to submit Resume, research details, travel history etc. and Sponsor invitation letter, Passport returned

30 Aug, 2019 : Document submitted by email 

3 Sep., 2019: Case Status update on CEAC website to  3 Sep. 2019

3 Oct., 2019: Received email from Traveldocs.com to submit passport to further proceed with my case and CEAC date changed to 3 Oct, 2019

4 Oct, 2019: Submitted Passport along with print of email at VAC Center, CEAC Date changed to 4 Oct., 2019. The lady gave me CGI slip and it ticked 221g document submission line (not the final visa processing line)

9 Oct, 2019: CEAC date changed to 9 Oct, 2019

CEAC Site still showing administrative processing and it is been a week since the passport submission

Can someone guide please what is happening with my case ? Was my Passport asked to give me another 221g or stamp it

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Rajb19 said:

Hi

here my case details (H1-B visa stamping, New Delhi):

Last stamping  was on F-1 Visa in 2003 and then switched to H1B in 2010, This is my first stamping on H1-B (140 approved in 2013)

27 Aug, 2019 (Interview): Yellow slip to submit Resume, research details, travel history etc. and Sponsor invitation letter, Passport returned

30 Aug, 2019 : Document submitted by email 

3 Sep., 2019: Case Status update on CEAC website to  3 Sep. 2019

3 Oct., 2019: Received email from Traveldocs.com to submit passport to further proceed with my case and CEAC date changed to 3 Oct, 2019

4 Oct, 2019: Submitted Passport along with print of email at VAC Center, CEAC Date changed to 4 Oct., 2019. The lady gave me CGI slip and it ticked 221g document submission line (not the final visa processing line)

9 Oct, 2019: CEAC date changed to 9 Oct, 2019

CEAC Site still showing administrative processing and it is been a week since the passport submission

Can someone guide please what is happening with my case ? Was my Passport asked to give me another 221g or stamp it

Thank you!

I don't think so. You should have your visa issued soon. They will just ask for additional docs in case they required, but will ask passport only for issuing visa. Post the outcome here once you get passport.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:14 PM, shekar11# said:

I don't think so. You should have your visa issued soon. They will just ask for additional docs in case they required, but will ask passport only for issuing visa. Post the outcome here once you get passport.

Thank you! Status Changed to Issued on Friday, Oct. 11 Afternoon

On 10/11/2019 at 9:55 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

If they want to give another 221G I do not feel they will ask for passport. I guess they made positive decision in your case and thats why they asked passport. I feel positive here. Hang on. I wish yours gets resolved soon.

Thank you! Status Changed to Issued on Friday, Oct. 11 Afternoon