H1B Amendment approved with shorter duration after H1B extension approval

SudheerMV

Hi, 

I filed for H1B extension in May 2019 and got the approval till Jul, 2021. My current H1B Visa expired in May 2019. I field for an amendment after the extension approval to add a new work location, the application also had existing work location which were approved as part of extension.

I planned to visit India in Dec 2019 and get H1B stamping done based on approved H1B extension petition. I even booked my tickets to India. Now I received approval for the H1B amendment and the end date on the amendment is given as Dec 6, 2019 with I-94 date as Dec 16, 2019.

Please can you advise what are my options now. Can I travel to India as per plan and get the H1B stamping done based on earlier H1B extension approval or should I present the latest I-797 related to H1B amendment which has shorter duration. If I present H1B extension approval for stamping are there chances to get 221-g, currently I am qualified for drop box but with this new amendment approval I couldn't figure out what to do.

Request you to help me in this regard.

Thanks a lot for the help.