h1 to h4 then back to h1

wisheme

Hi, I worked on h1 for approx 3 years, upto Apr 2018, I left my job and changed my status to h4. However, I am looking for a job again now, want to know will there be any problems to change status from h4 back to h1? Since I have only worked for 3 years, will my other 3 years of h1 visa will be cap exempt? the new employer can easily transfer h1?

Or is it like this: what ever period I have spent on h4, will also be counted against my h1? meaning, are my h1 cap exempt years are also getting expired along with h4?

Kindly help.

You have 3 more years left on H1. Your period of stay on H4 will not be counted to H1 and you will be cap exempt if you apply for H1.

Will there be any problems or is it easy to convert to H1 from H4- This depends on lot of factors and in the current environment nothing is that easy.

Good luck in you job search!

10 hours ago, User099 said:

You have 3 more years left on H1. Your period of stay on H4 will not be counted to H1 and you will be cap exempt if you apply for H1.

Will there be any problems or is it easy to convert to H1 from H4- This depends on lot of factors and in the current environment nothing is that easy.

Good luck in you job search!

Thanks for the info! and for the good wish. somebody really scared me!

Edited by wisheme