Surrogacy in India

Recommended Posts

Currently, my husband is a GC holder & I am on EAD (Derivative applicant based Husband's EB2). Recently, my GC got approved, however did not receive GC. We are planning to use a surrogate in India, with donor egg. Please let us know the process to bring the child/children into US. Also, we are planning to go with 2 surrogate mothers in different states, so we may have children born on different dates & have birth certificates from different municipalities. We are just trying to increase are probability of having children, so going with 2 surrogate mothers at the same time. 


What is the immigration process to bring the child/children born through surrogacy with donor egg into US

Will there be any issues to bring them into US due to usage of 2 surrogate mothers without much gap. 


Thanks for your help. 


Link to comment
  • 3 months later...

Generally, this can be challenging a matter. The law generally provides that a the child of a Green Card holder born abroad may be admitted to the USA as a Green Card holder if the child's first trip to the USA is with the mother's first return trip to the USA after the birth. To apply the existing law to the context of a surrogacy birth one should consult with an immigration lawyer on how such might work.

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.