Returning to USA after 3yrs having Green Card

Recommended Posts

My Parents has Green card but after staying for 3months in USA they went back to home country (India) as my mom was not feeling well n underwent treatment in India. Its been 3.5yrs they are there in India n now want to come back to USA.

My questions :

  1. What will happen if they try to enter in USA after 3.5yrs ? We dint apply for Re-Entry permit that time.
  2. Will they allow to board the flight at Home country (Indian) airport and at any layover airport??
  3. Will they give entry at US border ? (We dont hv Re-entry permit or anything but we have documents to show that my mom was sick and was under treatment in USA as well as in India )

Could anyone suggest/ give inputs on this if someone has gone thru this kind of situation?


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.