H4 VISA INTERVIEW WITHOUT H1 VISA STAMP

Vijay Vank

Hello,

I have been in the US with employer A for the last 5 years(EVC). Now for the last two months I have been full time with a Healthcare giant. Its been 5 years since I visited India and for obvious reasons, my visa is expired in my passport. I have I797 approval with the new employer where I am fulltime.

My wife and son live with me. They have their H4 approval notice as well for the next three years. I am planning to send them on a vacation to India and they need to go for visa stamping. I am NOT accompanying them. My questions:

1) Will it be a problem if they travel and attend the Visa interview without the primary H1 holders visa stamping?

2) If not, would my I797 copy good enough for their interview?

3) What are the other documents I need to give them from my side for their visa interview?

4) My son is 14 and I guess he needs to accompany my wife for the interview?

Help is much appreciated.

Regards

Vj

22 hours ago, Vijay Vank said:

Hello,

I have been in the US with employer A for the last 5 years(EVC). Now for the last two months I have been full time with a Healthcare giant. Its been 5 years since I visited India and for obvious reasons, my visa is expired in my passport. I have I797 approval with the new employer where I am fulltime.

My wife and son live with me. They have their H4 approval notice as well for the next three years. I am planning to send them on a vacation to India and they need to go for visa stamping. I am NOT accompanying them. My questions:

1) Will it be a problem if they travel and attend the Visa interview without the primary H1 holders visa stamping?

2) If not, would my I797 copy good enough for their interview?

3) What are the other documents I need to give them from my side for their visa interview?

4) My son is 14 and I guess he needs to accompany my wife for the interview?

Help is much appreciated.

Regards

Vj

1. No issues.

2. Yes

3. All docs that were submitted for getting H-4 approval.

4. Yep.

1. No one can tell how your wife's visa interview will go. if everything is good with your status and her's, hopefully she will get her visa approved. you need not be there for her interview.

2. Yes, your I 797 approval notice will be good enough.

3.  your i797 approval notice, bank statements, marriage certificate, pay checks, letter from employer are some of the imp docs. 

************/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

4. I think so, check consulate page.

Edited by User099
Link update