Marriage/travel - Use EAD or maintain H1 status?

Recommended Posts


My I-485/I-130/I-765 are pending. I might soon receive EAD/AP card. I
have 2 options to get my future spouse from India:

1) Use EAD for change of employer, use AP for travel return, get spouse
   to US later with Follow-to-Join (I824).

2) Maintain H1 all the times, use H1 transfer to change employer, use
   H1 (not EAD/AP) to return from travel, get spouse on H4, file for AOS
   once she is in US.

Please advise pros/cons.

If I use #1, I will lose H1 status, and hence can't apply H4 for her,
she has to go through Follow-to-Join, which can take relatively longer

If I decide to use #2, would EAD/AP still be helpful in any way? If I
return on H1, would my AP get cancelled?



Edited by prakash.sjc
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.