Change of status H1B to H4

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, hopeismymiddlename said:


I am filing for COS from H1B to H4. I know I have to file form I-539. My question is can I file for COS by myself or I have to go through my spouse's employer to do that or its recommended to go through an immigration attorney? Can I leave my current job when I receive receipt of form I-539 from UCSIS?

You can do it by yourself. The I-539 form is self explanatory. You can stop working as soon as you get the receipt. Remember you will have to send bio metrics fees also.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.