F1 to H4 COS while H1 is pending

Recommended Posts

My H1B was picked up in the lottery this year. Case was upgraded to premium and received RFE. My STEM OPT is ending on August 31st 2019. My employer is taking time to respond to the RFE. I do not want to risk my status as I have a days old baby. So I cannot leave to my country if in case my H1b is messed up. I want to wait and see if my employer responds to RFE before August 20th and apply for H4 COS if they do not send RFE documents. 

Can I apply for H4 COS while my H1B is pending? 
If my H1 is approved after I send H4 application, can I withdraw H4? 
If my H1 is rejected after I send H4 application, is H4 receipt notice good for me to maintain legal status?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.