H1B Transfer - Is old Petition Copy required ?

Hi, 

I came to USA in 2013 Jan on H1B Petition from Infosys. Then went back to India in 2013 Aug. I just have the 2nd page of the petition copy of it and lost the 1st page. 

I came back again in 2016 March through TCS on Fresh petition. I have just provided them 2nd page only while filing new petition. In subsequent extensions and stamping i have not used the copy from 2013. I have all the copies from 2016. 

If i do a job change in USA now, for H1 B Transfer do i need the copy of 2013 Petition which was from old employer and was not transferred.

If i need it, how to get the duplicate copy of it and how much time it requires ?

Kindly suggest. 

Thanks

Abhishek

• 6 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 8:14 PM, abhi888 said:

Hi, 

I came to USA in 2013 Jan on H1B Petition from Infosys. Then went back to India in 2013 Aug. I just have the 2nd page of the petition copy of it and lost the 1st page. 

I came back again in 2016 March through TCS on Fresh petition. I have just provided them 2nd page only while filing new petition. In subsequent extensions and stamping i have not used the copy from 2013. I have all the copies from 2016. 

If i do a job change in USA now, for H1 B Transfer do i need the copy of 2013 Petition which was from old employer and was not transferred.

If i need it, how to get the duplicate copy of it and how much time it requires ?

Kindly suggest. 

Thanks

Abhishek

I don't think previous petition of 2013 is required. Your latest I-797 should be fine.