Citizenship Interview - Decision Not Yet Made Status

Hello, I thought I would start a thread for those with a Decision Not Yet Made status after their Citizenship interview. My citizenship interview was on April 18. My GC is employment based. Both my wife and I interviewed same day. 

My wife's interview went without issues. She got a friendly officer and she was told her n-400 was approved and we saw the USCIS status online changed to approved and that she will hear about oath ceremony info. 

My interview resulted in a Decision not yet made. The officer was quite reserved and seemed a bit unfriendly/stern. He asked for my GC, drivers license, passport, appt letter. He looked at my passport and asked for my old ones. I stated I did not bring it as they expired. He stated, how am I to verify if you didnt travel outside the country for more than 6 months to a year. I wasn't sure how to answer. I weakly stated that I think all my travel is in there. In actuality, I received my new passport two years before my green card. So it had all 5 years of travel during the time I had my Green Card. All the other questions I was able to answer without issues. I passed my Civics/English test. After he handed me the Decision not yet made letter, I asked him whats the next step in the process. He stated, you have to wait and i will hear in 6 weeks or so. He also said something about going through the application with a fine tooth comb as this is a naturalization application. 

I did have 12+  trips abroad in the 5 years I had the GC. most of them were for business and lasting about a week each. 

The officer asked for no other docs. If folks have a Decision not yet made status where the officer was non-committal about approval, would be great to hear your experience and what the outcome was? Other comments welcome as well

Don't worry, everything will be fine

After the Interview, depending on the place, it may take 4 to 6 months for Oath ceremony

Also it is common now a days for the officer to not make decision on the spot in some cases

If there is any problem, you will always have a chance to contest it 

Have faith and relax, things will be fine

They are required by law to make a decision within 120 days of the interview, if I remember right. If they take longer it is possible to file a writ of mandamus to force them to make a decision. Everything I've seen about that is that they approve it within a day of receiving the WoM.

• 4 weeks later...

"He stated, how am I to verify if you didnt travel outside the country for more than 6 months to a year."

With all these fancy systems in place, it's funny he thought he had to see the passport book to know this. I am sure your every entry and exit if recorded on a passport, is also recorded in a networked system - you would think an immigration officer handling a citizenship interview would be able to access if needed!

• 2 months later...