H1B Sent to USCIS, Applying for H4

shahshreyas22

Hello,

I came to India last dec for H1B stamping. I was put under admin processing for 6months and after which I received a letter saying my petition was sent back to uscis for review and possible revocation. In the mean while I got married in July and My wife is on H1B. I am thinking of applying for H4.

1.What should I write as my Work history in DS160. Will my current status will be unemployed? My Employer put me on unpaid staus since May. (Mine is E->C model).

2. If I consider myself unemployed what should I write for my end date of employment. Will it be May?

3. Do I have to send a regination letter to my employer before I apply for H4?

Please help. I am planning to take H4 interview date soon. I have been stuck with this visa issue for too long.

1.What should I write as my Work history in DS160. Will my current status will be unemployed? My Employer put me on unpaid staus since May. (Mine is E->C model).

Yes, your current status is unemployed.

2. If I consider myself unemployed what should I write for my end date of employment. Will it be May?

The day you landed in India

3. Do I have to send a regination letter to my employer before I apply for H4?

Its better to withdraw your h1 application just incase if your asked about h1 during your h4 visa.In that case, you have to send a resignation letter as well as request of h1 application withdrawal from USCIS..

Archived