is H4 EAD expedition possible?

deepak123456

My current H1B is valid August 2020.  My Spouse H4 and H4 EAD has expired on Mar 2019.

I have filled for my spouse H4 extension and H4 EAD renewal by Nov 2018. Current H4 processing time (9-12 months).....Current H4 EAD processing time (5 months)

Its been 5 months..no update on either H4 or H4 EAD. Now that its 5 months passed. I have raised an SR to request an update on H4 EAD. (since current H4 EAD processing is 5 months).

But I'm concerned that there would be no update on my H4 EAD even after the SR.... since my spouse H4 is not approved yet. I don't expect the H4 to be approved anytime soon as the wait time is 9-12 months...which is causing us to wait on H4 EAD approval as well.

As of now she has a job offer and cannot join the job until H4 EAD approval.....We are trying to see if we can speed up the H4 EAD approval process. I was thinking , If she could travel outside the country to get her H4 stamping immediately (since i have H1B until Aug 2020).

My concerns:

1. Would travelling outside the country when H4 extension and H4 EAD renewal application pending have any adverse affects?
  2. If no affect due to travelling, Would getting a H4 stamping outside the country immediately help us get a quicker H4 EAD approval?
  3. How would I notify USCIS that we got H4 stamping outside the country?
On 4/16/2019 at 10:25 PM, deepak123456 said:

My current H1B is valid August 2020.  My Spouse H4 and H4 EAD has expired on Mar 2019.

I have filled for my spouse H4 extension and H4 EAD renewal by Nov 2018. Current H4 processing time (9-12 months).....Current H4 EAD processing time (5 months)

Its been 5 months..no update on either H4 or H4 EAD. Now that its 5 months passed. I have raised an SR to request an update on H4 EAD. (since current H4 EAD processing is 5 months).

But I'm concerned that there would be no update on my H4 EAD even after the SR.... since my spouse H4 is not approved yet. I don't expect the H4 to be approved anytime soon as the wait time is 9-12 months...which is causing us to wait on H4 EAD approval as well.

As of now she has a job offer and cannot join the job until H4 EAD approval.....We are trying to see if we can speed up the H4 EAD approval process. I was thinking , If she could travel outside the country to get her H4 stamping immediately (since i have H1B until Aug 2020).

My concerns:

1. Would travelling outside the country when H4 extension and H4 EAD renewal application pending have any adverse affects?
  2. If no affect due to travelling, Would getting a H4 stamping outside the country immediately help us get a quicker H4 EAD approval?
  3. How would I notify USCIS that we got H4 stamping outside the country?

1. Yes. The original H-4 application will be considered void and the associated H-4 EAD also will be void.

2. No guarantee.

3. There is no way.

It is late now, you should have got the H-4 stamped first and then apply H-4 EAD.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived