H1B transfer during 240 day period (Bridge Petition)

nomad1

My current I-94 has already expired, I’m in the 240 day period with my current employer already filing for extension a few days before I-94 expiry.

Recently, a very reputable firm has offered to transfer my visa for a direct role with them. Given the suspension of premium processing and long transfer approval wait times, I am leaning towards joining the new firm based on just the transfer filing receipt, before petition approval.

But I was informed that this would make the current extension petition a “Bridge Petition” which will impact my transfer petition. 

Could someone please shed a light on -

1) Specifically , how the extension (Bridge) petition would impact my transfer petition? Wont the current extension petition be withdrawn anyway once I resign from my current firm?

2) Given the new firm has a huge market cap and is very reputable , and current firm is also midsized with solid business, is this move advisable?

Hi , 

I am in a same situation as above query, Please help me in understanding the available options, i have.

scenario: I left company A in October 2018. The H1b petetion is not withdrawn yet. So, my I94 is valid till June 2019 as per the company A approved petetion. Then , I joined company B in Nov 2018 and the H1b Transfer happened in normal processing. Its still under processing.

A month ago, I got a full time offer from Company C. They have applied for H1b transfer in normal processing. They are giving me 2 options to process my H1b
1. get my current H1b petition(Company B’s) upgraded to premium and get the approval ASAP. So that, there won’t be any issues further down the line with their H1b processing(Company C)
2. join based on the receipt notice and they will upgrade to premium processing when the window opens and will go for consular processing.

Can you please let me know.

1. If I upgrade my current H1B bridge petition to premium, then there 3 possibilities.
a. Approved : I am good
b. RFE : If I join company C when my bridge H1b petition is in RFE, does it affect the adjudication of Company C’s H1b Petition?
c. Denial : Can I still join the company C on receipt notice?

Thanks,

GKY

@adshah84 Unfortunately, premium processing is still suspended for transfers. I think you confused it with the workload transfer notice information on USCIS page.  I'm here just collecting all possible information to make an informed decision. 

After learning of how bridge petitions operate, I wouldn't recommend anyone with an expired I94 to transfer based on receipt.  

6 hours ago, nomad1 said:

@adshah84 Unfortunately, premium processing is still suspended for transfers. I think you confused it with the workload transfer notice information on USCIS page.  I'm here just collecting all possible information to make an informed decision. 

After learning of how bridge petitions operate, I wouldn't recommend anyone with an expired I94 to transfer based on receipt.  

Yes my bad!! I got to know that. 

Archived