Immunization Issuefor 485 application

dsumdm

Hello My wife is 7 months pregnant and we will be filing for 485 this month. She cant take certain vaccine as she is pregnant hence on form I693 they have checked"Applicant does not meet immunization requirement".

My am concerned what will be the impact:

1.) Will both of our application be put on hold or just my wifes?

2.) Usually RFE's need to be responded within 45 days in my case that wont be possible.

Has any one else been in similar situation pls. let me know what happened to you.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SD

usually is it not possible to get titers for the immunization to be waived?

Then there is the blood test for tb also.

You might check with your family doctor not the civil surgeon.

This is a tricky one. Yourapp will not be on hold; most likely approved in 4-5 months if the pd stays current. Your wife should be able to stay on ead\ap as her 485 will be pendingif RFE is issued.

I was in the same boat in July 2007 while applying for I-485 as I was feeding my new born. On 07/08/2011 my husbands GC was approved and I got RFE for the medical.

1. So as far you are concerned I think your case will not be affected by your wife's case.

2. The doctor must have mentioned the reason for not taking vaccinations as pregnancy on your wife form.It is an acceptable reason for USCIS. I do not know if they will put your wife's case on hold for that. And if they do and send a RFE for your wife they will consider her medical condition and give you time to complete it. Just remember to respond to the RFE on time what ever the response is.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by dsumdm:

Hello My wife is 7 months pregnant and we will be filing for 485 this month. She cant take certain vaccine as she is pregnant hence on form I693 they have checked"Applicant does not meet immunization requirement".

My am concerned what will be the impact:

1.) Will both of our application be put on hold or just my wifes?

2.) Usually RFE's need to be responded within 45 days in my case that wont be possible.

Has any one else been in similar situation pls. let me know what happened to you.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SD

You will get most likely RFE to complete the vaccination before your wife's case can be processed. If you get RFE before she actually delivers, you can respond with the situation accordingly. But I think chances of this happening are minimal.

The other way is to get a record from your wife's childhood doctor or somewhere that she already got MMR, and other vacines. You can then show it to the doctor you went to for medical checkup. He will enter those dates and then your wife can get a chest xray for TB.

this way you won't have to wait for all of that RFE etc process

(quote)Then there is the blood test for tb also.

You might check with your family doctor not the civil surgeon.(unquote)

Doing blood test idea is good......i myself ended up doing blood work to check for immunity and did not have to take any vaccination except for tetanus shot which can be taken during pregnancy.

• 3 weeks later...

When I applied I 485 in Jul 2007, I was 5 months pregnant. So, Dr made a note that I was pregnant and no vaccine was administered. Both of our I 485 were approved recently and got our GC. No RFE, query or note to get vaccinated. Just got our GCs. So do not worry there are 100s of cases in this situation.

Archived